Pages

Friday, January 8, 2016

Art Journal Page: Feeling Under The Weather

I caught a bug at the start of the week and haven't been feeling well since. My kindergartner had to miss two days of school and my husband had to take up extra household chores so I could get some rest. I'm getting better now, I believe, but not yet fully recovered. Thank God, it's almost the weekend. I am so looking forward to a day or two of prolonged rest in bed and not having to get up at around 4 in the morning. Yup. I just need that extra snooze before my official call time.


Anyway, here's a painting of a girl that I rendered on the first page of my Artist's Loft sketchbook. She's the reason why that sketchbook turned into an acrylic-based mixed-media art journal. She just led the way. 

Happy weekend, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I always tend to do that: I transform sketchbooks in mixed media art journals by adding gesso....! Can't stay away from acrylics and other magical water binding materials. There are people who prefer to just use pencils and that's it. Sketch...! But I find it's more beautiful to add some color using water to that sketch, isn't it, Connie? Makes it more interesting. And what are art journals for if not for playing? ;)

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right on many points. You know, I've been trying to start and maintain a journal that's exclusively for watercolor or just pencil or mixed-media. But I often fail. Maybe it's because I'm always bound to experiment and break the "rules". Haha.

      Delete

Thanks for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Interweave Store